Monday, October 11, 2004

Australia Wins the Test

Australia won the first test with the comfortable margin of 217 runs. They played better than us and deserved winners. In normal circumstances we should be calling for players head esp Top order batsman who failed for the second time. Instead of that what both umpires did made it little sympathetic towards batsmen.

Of all the persons who got bad decision I feel for Chopra most. He might not be picked for next test and his career might be over. To understand the frustation of Indians you should have see what happened in this test. In second innings Gillespe walked away after getting out when Bucknor was shaking notout. Very nice of Gillespe.

In morning of the 4th day I lost count how any LBW's was turned down against Martyn whos was playing with Pad rather than with bat. Shewag was given out LBW for thick inside edge. He had a word with umpire when walking back. He was fined 65% of match fee. Harsha Boghle has written a nice article about Umpiring in this test.

Warne took 4 wickets in game. Two of them gifted by umpires. I don't see him as threat to Indian batsman anyway. If our lower order can play like this on the last day then our top order could do much better. Shewag can be murderous against spinners. Just in practice match he took 35 runs of Murali Karthick in one over(including a no ball). I hope he betters it against Warne in Chennai.

I was dreaming too much on the third day but India did much better. India lost match in first two days and started playing well only on the third day. You cant win match with this kind of performance against worlds best side.

I am very happy that Bucknor is not umpiring in any more test in this series. Will Sachin Tendulkar play in Chennai ? I hope so. He may not score a single run but his mere presence in team means a lot.

I was very unhappy and angry over umpiring on the 4th day so I though it not best to blog and show my anger on them. Poor Billy Bowden I like him. He is a nice character but what he did to Shewag was very hurting. Bucknor case is different I believe his time is over.

No comments: